Analyze of present Kazakhstan’s position
The research of hotel management in Kazakhstan
Improving the system of marketing and brand awareness in the hospitality
Supervisor Declaration Form
Student Name : BAKYT ZHAKYPOV
Supervisor Name :
I acknowledge that the above named student has regularly attended the planned meetings and actively engaged in the dissertation supervision process. They have provided regular timely draft chapters of the dissertation and followed given guidance.
I confirm that I have approved the dissertation title specified below.
Title of dissertation:
An investigation into the effects of hotel management, brand awareness, consumers’ attitude in Kazakhstan and complex marketing research intention: Case study of ’Kumbel’ hotel in Almaty.
Kazakhstan with its unique natural resources and unique culture of the nomadic people has a huge untapped potential for tourism development in the international and regional markets. Tourism potential of recreational resources and historical and cultural heritage can harmoniously integrate the country into the international tourism market and to achieve rapid development of tourism in the country. This will ensure steady growth in employment and incomes, encourage the development of tourism-related industries, and increase the flow of investments into the national economy.
The tourism industry in the Republic of Kazakhstan on the state level is recognized as one of the priority sectors of the economy. Thus, in the implementation of industrial-innovative development of the country's leading role is played by the system of clusters, in particular tourism cluster. Modern trends in the development of the industry is such that tourists are well studied most famous resorts in the world, aspire to those countries where the tourism sector is just beginning to develop. From this position the growing attractiveness of Kazakhstan.
Head of the State Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the need to develop a plan for the creation and development of the tourism cluster.
Since independence in Kazakhstan has put the basis for regulation of tourist activity and the revival of the historical and cultural heritage of the nation.
Today, the development of tourism in the Republic of Kazakhstan is ensured by the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Tourism" on July 3, 1992 N 1508-XII, Decrees of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On the implementation of the Tashkent Declaration of Heads of Turkic-speaking countries, the UNESCO and the World Tourism Organization on the development of tourism infrastructure on the Silk Road in the Republic of Kazakhstan "dated April 30, 1997 N 3476 and" State Programme of the Republic of Kazakhstan "Revival of the historic centres of the Silk Road, the preservation and successive development of the cultural heritage of Turkic-speaking States, the creation of tourism infrastructure" of February 27, 1998 N 3859 [30, 39].
The adoption of these instruments had a positive impact on the development of Kazakhstan's tourism market.
One of the steps in the development of international relations in the tourism sector is the entry of Kazakhstan in 1993 as a full member to the World Tourism Organization, international agreements on cooperation in the field of tourism. It should be noted that some agreements initiated by foreign governments, finding Kazakhstan promising partner with great potential for tourism.
From stating of problem to completion of my dissertation, first of all, I am extremely grateful to my supervisor Mr. Rajendra Kumar for his very useful supervision and a lot of vital recommendations in doing this dissertation since the beginning. I am willing to acknowledge all of my support and encouragement from my family who are always beside me and also my friends who gave me their help and recommendation and so many more. Finally, I am really thankful to all of the respondents who provided me their valuable time to fulfill this research questionnaire. If there were not all my supporters above, this dissertation would not be successfully completed on time.
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
- RESEARCH BACKGROUND
- COUNTRY BACKGROUND
- AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THIS RESEARCH
- RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- RATIONALE FOR THE PROPOSAL STUDY
- DISSERTATION STRUCTURE
CHAPTER 2 LITERATURE REVIEW
- Analyze of present Kazakhstan’s position
- Organization and Specific performance of a small hotel
2.3.2 General terms and requirements for the organization of small hotels,
motels, boarding houses.
2.4 FEATURES AND MANAGEMENT ISSUES IN THE HOTEL BUSINESS. 22
2.4.1 Administrative roles in the management
2.4.2 Features of management in the hotel industry.
2.4.4 Monitoring functions.
2.4.5 Management style of the managers
2.4.6 The organizational structure of the hotel enterprise
2.5 BRAND AWARENESS OF THE HOTEL 33
- Definitiоn 34
- Brаnd recоgnitiоn
- Types of brаnd аwаreness
EFFECTIVENESS OF MANAGEMENT
Case study hotel complex "Kumbel"
CHAPTER 3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- RESEARCH STRATEGY
- DATA ANALYSIS
CHAPTER 4 DATA ANALYSIS AND FINDING
- INTERVIEW RESULTS (Qualitative Analysis)
- QUESTIONNAIRE RESULTS (Quantitative Analysis)
- HYPOTHESES TESTING
CHAPTER 5 CONCLUSION, RECOMMENDATION, AND LIMITATION 45
- LINKING RESEARCH FINDINGS WITH RESEARCH QUESTIONS,
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
5.3 RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HOTEL INDUSTRY IN TERM
OF EFFECTIVE STRATEGY
5.4 RECOMMENDATION FOR FURTHER
- RESEARCH BACKGROUND
Kazakhstan has all opportunities for the successful development of the hotel industry. The rich history of the republic, rare historical monuments, unique culture, political stability and relative openness and willingness to cooperate - all this could lead to the intensive development in a tourist sector and hotel industry.
The study and analysis of the formation and development of hotel business in Kazakhstan led to the following conclusions and suggestions:
1. In the management of the hotel business is clearly visible three received distribution areas:
a) To fill the hotels and provide maximum clean hotel services (22% of the hotel);
b) Diversified management (56%);
c) The implicit control, symbiosis first and second directions (22%).
The main trends of the Hospitality Industry in Kazakhstan, only to be crystallized in the last decade include the following:
- Increasing specialization of hotel and restaurant offers;
- The formation of international hotel and restaurant tract;
- The development of a network of small businesses;
introduction to the hospitality industry new computer technologies.
2. Analysis of the situation with the functioning of hotel complexes in Almaty in the positions "afloat" and "upward" allow with sufficient basis to say, that the efficiency of the hotel business is related primarily to the degree of efficiency of its management.
3. Creating a management infrastructure is not associated with a major investment, and requires, above all, the availability of managerial capacity presented highly professional staff of managers, the deficit of which the hotel industry felt more acutely, which consequently affects the severity of the problems in this area.
4. Business hotel services as a form of business activity was closest to the market fluctuations of supply and demand. For independent companies providing hotel services, there is the possibility of a grading system for service on the market.
National tourism market today has a number of pressing issues, namely : 1) the low quality of service in tourist facilities, i.e. personnel tourist facilities lack the skills of hospitality, knowledge of English, 2) inadequate education and relations of production leads to a mismatch of labor market needs for skilled personnel for the tourism industry and supply, and 3) the lack of workers with the tourism education in some travel agencies, and 4) inadequate tourism education. There is lack of development of scientific and methodological material and technical base of educational institutions.
Figure 1.1: Number of tourists entering Kazakhstan
Extensive growth of figures of inbound tourism in Kazakhstan at this stage was determined by the following factors:
- Simplification of visa procedures, removal of restrictions on travel of citizens of Kazakhstan;
- Accelerating processing of travel documents;
- The emergence and increasing social stratum of the population that has the financial capacity to travel abroad;
- Reorientation of travel for citizens of Kazakhstan with domestic tourism market and the market of the CIS countries to foreign markets due to a rise in price of permits to local resorts, increase in transportation tariffs;
- The use of foreign travel solutions for material and domestic problems, the completion of the Kazakhstan market of consumer goods.
According to statistics from the World Tourism Organization in the last decades they have seen steady growth of international tourism. On average, the global tourist business increases by 3-4% per year, despite the place from time to time global and regional crises. Meanwhile, Kazakhstan itself is of interest in terms of tourism. The rich history of the republic, starting from the first century BC, rare material historical monuments, unique culture, political stability, openness of the Republic and its willingness to cooperate - all this to the intensive development of tourism industry.
- COUNTRY BACKGROUND
Kazakhstan - the ninth largest country in the world in which everything - from snow and ice to the sand dunes and mountains could be found. It's unique range of natural landscapes that are amazingly diverse, endless opportunities for outdoor activities. Kazakhstan has so many amazing places, that they can hardly be "covered" even a few holiday seasons. "Nomadic life" can be a lifetime. For example, to go along with archaeological expeditions to know the Bronze Age or early Iron Age. Then visit the monuments of modern history, such as the launch sites at Baikonur. After inspect underground mosques and chalk mountains in the Atyrau region, mausoleums eastern lords, to feel a spiritual connection to the sacred for all Turks a grave Korkyt-ata, to make a pilgrimage to the mausoleum of Ahmed Iassaui. You can compare your feelings down in the deep canyons and climbing peaks, meet shepherds and hereditary artisans, whose life did not change the century. Those who wish to try the romance of the past, can, riding horses or camels, to go through the mountains, deserts and steppes.
As you know in 2011, Kazakhstan hosted the Asian Games. Selecting the next host country of the white Asian Games was not accidental, as one of the priorities in the country was and is promoting winter sports. In the 50's. last century in Kazakhstan Medeo Mountain at an altitude 1691 m above sea level, Soviet architects created a unique sports complex. The main highlight of this building for decades here attracts outdoor enthusiasts from all over the country and foreign countries, is the world's largest skating rink with artificial ice. The total area of the ice rink of the field is 10.5 thousand m ². The unique system of artificial freezing, allows you to save high quality cover more than 8 months a year. During the existence of the Sport Complex "Medeu" on his rink was set 170 world records.
Another major attraction of the sport in Kazakhstan, as relevant to the winter holidays, is a ski resort "Shymbulak". The resort is located in the Trans-Ili Alatau gorge (25 km from Almaty). Snow is from November to May. More than three hundred days a year on "Shymbulak" recorded sunshine. Snow on the mountain slopes on average 150 cm ski slopes equipped with chair lifts. The resort hotel is working with the same name that can simultaneously accommodate up to 114 visitors.
At the present stage of development of tourism in Kazakhstan is becoming more attractive to businesses, athletes, scholars, lovers of extreme tourism, as well as for people interested in the history and the present day countries located on the Silk Road.
One of the most attractive resources for travelers abroad is Kazakh Mountains.
In addition to natural attractions, Kazakhstan is rich in historical and cultural monuments located on the Silk Road, which have global significance. Organization of transit tours on the Great Silk Road is particularly relevant, as it will give Kazakhstan an opportunity of entering the zone of interest in countries such as Japan, Malaysia, China, Korea and European countries.
International tourism is now one of the fastest growing industries in of foreign economic activity.  The steady growth of tourism impact on the world economy as a whole, and on the economies of individual countries and regions is one of the most significant, permanent and long-term trends, which accompanies the formation and development of the world economy. It becomes apparent transformation into a major tourism independent branch of the national economy, which seeks to meet the specific needs of the population. The variety of these needs are met, not only tourist enterprises, and companies in other industries, which makes the importance of tourism as a factor multiplier effects on the economy. Tourism is one of the factors of global integration, and tourist business is now becoming a significant sector of the economy. 
The tourism industry in the Republic of Kazakhstan on the state level is recognized as one of the priority sectors of the economy. Thus, in the implementation of industrial-innovative development of the country's leading role is played by the system of clusters, in particular tourism cluster. Modern trends in the development of the industry is such that tourists are well studied most famous resorts in the world, aspire to those countries where the tourism sector is just beginning to develop. From this position the growing attractiveness of Kazakhstan. Today Kazakhstan is providing almost all existing types of tourism - educational, entertainment, ethnic, environmental and others. Tourist offers a large number of travel routes on the territory of Kazakhstan. Take, southern Kazakhstan. How not to pass on his gold ring? In the fertile oasis of the southern steppes, at the junction of nomadic and sedentary civilizations existed ancient cities of the world. For centuries this land was held system of ancient caravan routes leading from China to the Middle East and Europe.
Another focus of the tourism industry of the country, which in recent years has received a significant boost to the development, is water tourism. Kazakhstan - is not only the steppe region, it is also a land of rivers and lakes. The largest number of reservoirs is concentrated in the south-east of the country in the region with a symbolic name Zhetysu - Seven Rivers. Almost all the rivers belong to the basin Zhetysu Lake Balkhash. Of them very popular among tourists (both local and foreign) are: Or, Charyn, Cox Karatal and Chilik.
River Or is formed from two rivers - Tekes (Kazakhstan) and Kunges (China). It originates in the mountains of China, flows through Kazakhstan (the length of the Kazakh section of the river 815 km) and empties into Lake Balkhash. Or is the third river by volume in Kazakhstan, losing on this indicator only world famous Irtysh and Ural.
The entire territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan is divided into five attractive for many tourists areas which are: North Kazakhstan, South Kazakhstan, West Kazakhstan, East Kazakhstan and Central Kazakhstan. Describe in detail each area.
North Kazakhstan includes the North Kazakhstan, Pavlodar, Akmola and Kostanay region. The region is located in the extreme north of the country in the basin of the Yesil, Tobol and Obagan rivers. From west to east, north Kazakhstan stretches over 1,300 km from north to south - almost 900 km.
The main rivers - Irtysh and its two left tributary Yesil and Tobol. The largest lakes are - Kusmuryn and Sarah Cope in Kostanai region, Tengiz and Korgaldzhyn in Akmola, Chagall, and Shortan Burabay in North Kazakhstan region.
Some lakes are famous for healing mineral salts and mud (Lake Moiyldy in Pavlodar, Maybalyk in North Kazakhstan regions). Climate - continental, but it is different from other areas of the country at a more moderate summer and lower winter temperatures.
Unique landscape Kokshetau mountains, forests and lakes, exotic rocks Bayanaul south of Pavlodar region, rich flora and fauna of the reserve Kurgaldzhinskoye - a real chance to feel like a particle of pristine nature.
South Kazakhstan include Almaty, Zhambyl, South Kazakhstan and Kyzylorda region. Region covers a vast area of the Aral Sea in the west to the east Jungar Gates and Lake Balkhash and the desert plateau Betpak Dala in the north to the border of the Republic in the south, including the northern part of the Kyzyl Kum Desert, the western and northern foothills of the Tien Shan mountains and ridges Jungar Alatau . From west to east area extends nearly 2000 km from north to south about 700 km. The main rivers are - the Syr Darya, Chu, Karatal, Aksu, Leps. The largest lake - the Aral Sea, Balkhash, Alakol Sasykkol.
Almaty region is slightly less than the entire United Kingdom.
The main attraction of the Kyzylorda region, which attracts many tourists from all over the world, is the Baikonur space center. Its area is 6717 square meters. Here you can watch the launch of the rocket and visit the Space Museum, and the house where they lived, Yuri Gagarin and Sergei Korolev.
West Kazakhstan includes: West Kazakhstan, Atyrau, Mangistau and Aktobe region. The region is located in the far west and south-west of the country. Its vast territory stretches 1200km from north to south and 1300km from west to east. Across the territory of Mangistau for 2000 years passed the Great Silk Road, it is now an interesting tourist route. Availability of attractive landscapes in conjunction with a variety of fauna Ustyurt reserve, unique nature and a lot of historical and cultural monuments, which are abundant in Mangistau, picturesque places along the coast of the Caspian Sea is of considerable interest to potential tourists.
East Kazakhstan consists of the East Kazakhstan region. This region is located at the junction of the borders of China, Mongolia, Russia. Most of the territory is covered by mountains of Ore and Southern Altai, Kalba, Saur-Tarbagatay.
- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THIS RESEARCH
The aim of research paper is to identify the prospects of tourist industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
To achieve this goal in the following problems to be solved:
- Learn the basic theoretical aspects of tourism;
- Disclosure of the value of tourism activity in the economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Study the structure of the tourism industry and analyzed the potential of tourism resources of the country;
- An analysis of the factors influencing the development;
- Identified the main trends and prospects of the development of tourism in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Explore the tourism potential of Kazakhstan and determine the route of the future promotional tour in Kazakhstan.
The information base for research conducted in the thesis work was information the Agency of Statistics of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.
Methodological and theoretical work formed the basis of the works of local and foreign scientists, materials and periodicals, etc.
- RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In the period 2005-2007, adopted drastic measures to shape effective tourism of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The objectives of the reform in the tourism industry:
- Make tourism a profitable sector of the economy through the creation of a highly profitable tourism industry, able to produce and sell high-quality, competitive tourism product for the international tourist market;
- The development of tourism infrastructure;
- Conservation and management of cultural, historical and natural and recreational resources;
- Making the tourism resources for the general population, meeting the needs of a tourist services;
- Increasing the efficiency of interaction of public and private institutions in the field of tourism;
- The development of small and medium enterprises in the tourism sector.
Achieving these goals is necessary to solve the following problems:
- Activation of the state policy in the field of tourism;
- Improving the management of tourism activities;
- Further development of the legal, institutional and economic framework of the tourism industry;
- Protection of the tourist market by offering tax incentives, government guarantees and other measures of state support;
- To ensure the safety of tourists;
- Formation of Kazakhstan's image as an attractive tourist market;
- Improving the information system;
- Deepening of scientific research in the field of tourism;
- Bringing the statistical methodology of tourism services in line with international standards;
- Encouraging the development of tourism infrastructure by attracting domestic and foreign investment for renovation and construction of tourist facilities;
- Improving the quality of tourist services on the basis of standards, certification and licensing of tourist activity;
- Development of training and skills development in the tourism sector, the development of international cooperation in the field of tourism;
- Provision of measures for environmental protection and conservation of cultural heritage. 
- RATIONALE FOR THE PROPOSAL STUDY
The range of objectives are:
1. An analysis of the main economic indicators of the hotel.
2. To analyze the internal and external environment of the hotel.
3. An analysis of the structure and organization of marketing activities.
4. Develop ways to improve the marketing efforts of the hotel.
5. The object of study is the hotel.
6. The subject of research is the organization of marketing activities.
7. Theoretical and methodological basis of this work was the work of Russian and foreign economists.
8. Consider the theoretical aspects of marketing activity.
9. My recommendations.
- DISSERTATION STRUCTURE
- Chapter 1: This chapter is about the introduction of dissertation which consists of the research background, company background, research questions, research aims and objectives
- Chapter 2: Literature reviews will be addressed in this chapter contains which come from journals, text books, news, and also the company websites that provide theories, facts, and information related to the area of this research. This chapter contains event marketing, event sponsorship, sport sponsorship, brand awareness, consumer’s attitude, and purchase intention.
- Hypothesises of this research are also included in the chapter 2.
- Chapter 3: This chapter refers to research methodology will be used in this research which explains the way the researcher conducts this research. This chapter consists of introduction, research strategy, data collection method, sampling method, and data analysis method.
- Chapter 4: This chapter presents the result and finding from data analysis of this research and also the hypotheses testing.
- Chapter 5: This chapter is about the conclusion of the research. Furthermore, some limitations of this research will be mentioned along with the recommendations for both the company and future research.
This research has the main objective to investigate the effect of marketing to brand awareness and attitudes of consumers to the brand so that it is necessary to gather secondary data to help a researcher to answer the hypothesis. The main purpose of chapter two is to critically review literatures about small hotels developments and the effect of marketing on customer attitude to the brand and brand awareness. In the process, we resort to the following general logical methods: analysis and synthesis. Analyze the state program for the development of tourism and their implementation in Kazakhstan, the passport and visa regulations in the country. We also use the comparison, which is the empirical method. We compare the organization of tourist services in the Republic of Kazakhstan and other countries.
- Analysis of the current state of tourist industry in Kazakhstan
Recently there has been increasing interest of foreign tourists to the tourist attractions of the Republic of Kazakhstan. This phenomenon is due, above all, the geographical location of the republic, a great potential in the field of tourist attractions, routes, etc. High tourist attraction to Kazakhstan explained by the presence of unique natural areas and nature reserves, historic and cultural attractions, world-class.
Proper use of these resources contributes to the development in the country of almost all types of tourism.
Statistics on 01.01.2011 convince constant increase tourist activity (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2. Number served tourists in the Republic of Kazakhstan for the years 2006-2011
(data from the Agency for Tourism and Sport)
From the graph shown in Figure 2, it is clear that the average annual increase in tourism activity ranges from 28% a year.
The economic impact of tourism on the economy is evident in indicators of cash flows to the country and to the country, which are generated by tourism exports and imports. Much of the income from the export of tourism services comes from arriving foreign tourists, as well as from the sale of tickets for domestic transportation and other services in the host country. Touring the country imports up money spent by its citizens during a trip abroad, the payment of travel expenses and other services in the host countries, as well as the payment of dividends to foreign investors to the tourism industry. The difference between the income of the country's export of tourist services and the value of imports of tourism services is tourism balance of payments, which may be negative (deficit) and positive.
Fig 2.1 Interest shown to Kazakhstan
The structure of the tourist industry of Kazakhstan is similar to the world and includes three components:
During the first 9 months of 2012:
Inbound tourism was 4 ml.219 600;
Outbound tourism was 6 ml.732 700.
To assess the level of development of the tourism industry will analyze quantitative measures of these c 1. Prospects of ski tourism
Construction of ski bases in Almaty and East Kazakhstan regions. In Almaty region - 5 (Chimbulak Almatau, Tabagan, CSKA Moscow), in the East Kazakhstan - 2 (Emerald Altai, Altai Alps). In Soldier Valley Talgar district of Almaty region already built ski resort "Ak Bulak", corresponding to the world standards.
Tourism infrastructure directly related to the creation of a network of transportation infrastructure. For the development of domestic tourism an important prerequisite is the availability of air, rail, road and water transport for all types of travelers.
2. Improved training of tourism personnel
To date, efforts to raise the level of training given special attention. This year, plans to open the first national information tourist center in Astana, and later in Almaty, Turkestan, in the cities. Atyrau and Aktau. Starting in 2005, the Government of Kazakhstan to train personnel for the tourism industry in the framework of "Bolashak". The Ministry of Tourism and Sports and the Ministry of Education and Science will increase the quota of students in the above educational programs.
3. Formation of an attractive tourist image of Kazakhstan
In order to create an attractive tourist image of Kazakhstan in the global tourism market and focused program designed to promote the tourism potential of Kazakhstan. It provides for participation in international tourism forums, exhibitions, fairs, placement and broadcast promotional videos on leading TV channels of the world, as well as an info-tours for foreign media and production of advertising materials.
According to V.S. Nikitinsky - Doctor of Education, the main problems in the preparation of tourism personnel in Kazakhstan today is: excessive academicism profile of higher education in the apparent lack of practical skills of the students, the content of state standards of education (SES) does not meet the requirements of the labor market in the tourism and service, not enough modern business requirements, training resources (textbooks, manuals and electronic materials in the national language, equipment, camping equipment) mismatch educational training programs and quality of education degree of development of the tourist market, which is one of the main reasons for the lack of demand much of graduate colleges who received degrees in the specialty "Tourism", "Service". An important component of the tourism cluster is the educational unit, providing a comprehensive system of training for all of the many areas of the tourism industry. Educational institutions are important actors in the tourism cluster. At this point in the country is increasing the number of employees of the tourist market. This is due to the understanding perspective tourist trade and the growth of tourist agencies. If the number of tourist companies in 2004 was 9, in 2010, there were 46 units.
Geopolitical location and natural raw materials can expect to increase the number of tourists coming to Kazakhstan on business and participation in international events. It is, first of all, the city of Almaty, Astana, Atyrau. Geopolitical location and natural raw materials can expect to increase the number of business travelers coming to Kazakhstan on business and participation in international conventions. The infrastructure of the above centers is largely in line with international standards.
Almaty city is strategic (air, road, rail road) gate for the country and the main migration is precisely through this city.
Along with its convenient for the various forums buildings and hotels the city has everything you need for recreation and entertainment, in addition in the nearby city within 500 km are wonderful recreational areas. Astana is a strategic area. Growing interest in the city, as the young capital of our state, which has a modern look and infrastructure, will serve in the rapid development of international and domestic tourism.
One of the promising areas of the tourism industry in Kazakhstan is ecotourism. The number of tourists interested in the Protected Areas of Kazakhstan, is growing, and new types of organized tourism: cycling, equestrian, water.
The need for development of eco-tourism in the Republic of Kazakhstan is caused not only by economic factors - job creation, the development of local communities in remote areas, but also the social order - the population's needs in a more holistic, systemic approach to health issues and the use of free time. According to experts of the World Tourism Organization, ecotourism in the last ten years has become the most popular and is a tool for sustainable development of any country.
As shown by the results of studies of tourist potential, Kazakhstan has great potential for the development of ecological tourism. It is based on the unique natural environment and landscapes in the heart of Eurasia, numerous natural and historical monuments, cultural and ethnic heritage of the peoples who inhabited the territory of Kazakhstan in various historical periods.
Currently, Kazakhstan is experiencing the development of ecological tourism.
- Organization and specific performance of small hotels
Prerequisites for the development of small hotels and their peculiarities.
Quantitative growth of hotel chains, merge and combine creating a misconception about reducing a variety of proposals and recreation. In practice, however, the trends: the spread of chains (due to some anonymity completely standardized service) cannot meet all the various requirements of tourists, which sets the stage for the development of small independent hotels, rely on uniqueness and originality. It is these hotels specialists believed prototypes XXI century hotel: comfortable, built in the rustic style and offering services for a reasonable price, with everything you need for work and play, no restaurant (provided that the restaurant is next), where customers can get an exquisite personalized service.
It is the uniqueness of small hotels is the main tool market policies.
Practice shows that the small hotels in the majority - is independent hotels in free ownership, possession and use of the owner of that profit from such property. Availability of treaty obligations with other companies in the management and use of another's service mark does not involve changing the status of the company as an independent in relation to other market entities.
Small hotels are tending to use a more flexible system of discounts and cost the client less than the big hotels in its class. All this allows these forms of hospitality to take a strong position on the market in various countries, including Kazakhstan. Thus, the appearance of small hotels - the answer to tourists may have a demand for small form and homeliness.
However, with a small capacity, the hotel, respectively, has low sales. In addition, the structure of turnover this hotel substantially increases the proportion of variable costs, since at present it is difficult to purchase volume for optimum prices for detergents for laundry, etc.
Great difficulties arise in small hotels in the personnel area, personnel working here should be diversified, so hotel to stay profitable.
Thus, the small hotel is difficult to increase the effectiveness of applying the method to reduce costs. On the other hand the pressure of competition, it cannot increase the price of the accommodation. To reduce variable costs small hotel has only one way - to unite with like-minded in order to carry out bulk purchase at reasonable prices, joint advertising campaigns, market research, and use other ways to reduce budget expenditures.
2.3 Demands for comfort and attractiveness of small hotels
1. The building should organically fit into the environment, without compromising features of urban, rural and natural landscape.
2. The building's design should take into account climatic factors: temperature and humidity, proximity to the sea and other water bodies, wind speed and direction and other factors.
3. Layout of the hotel should provide economical operation with a rational combination of ongoing and one-time costs.
4. The facade of the hotel in advertising must emphasize the prestige and brand of hotel, and the building meet the aesthetic, environmental, technical and health standards.
5. Capacity and number of floors of the hotel have to depend on the destination, mode of operation - year-round or seasonal.
6. Interior of the hotel should be comfortable and enjoy the aesthetic expression.
7. Disposition of hotels should consider the needs of persons with disabilities, to provide for them specially equipped rooms, stairs, toilets, bathrooms.
8. Service hotels must be equipped with automated reservation systems and reservation, computer systems of economic management.
9. Security of our customers should be provided through a variety of surveillance systems, within room electronic safes, electronic locks and other security features.
2.3.2 General terms and requirements for the organization of small hotels, motels, boarding houses
1. Activities to provide hotel services and provide other travel services can be both legal and natural persons - entrepreneurs (hereinafter - the entities), provided that it is their main activity in the accommodation facilities.
2. Small hotels, motels, boarding houses can be located in any environmentally friendly and safe areas, have a natural well-appointed surroundings, unusual architectural style, original interior, featuring its own distinctive appearance, a kind of local color, to meet national and international requirements today.
3. Small hotels, motels, boarding houses must have convenient access to the necessary traffic signs, landscaped and lighted area.
4. The building is a small hotel, motel, pension should organically fit into the environment without disturbing the general ensemble of the street, neighborhood, region and landscape features.
5. Architectural planning and construction elements of small hotels, motels, boarding houses, the technical equipment to ensure efficiency of operation and planning and land improvement should include receiving and tourists, including those with disabilities.
6. In small hotels, motels, boarding houses should be provided with safety of life, health and safety of visitors to their property.
The buildings should be emergency exits, stairs and provided free orientation guests and staff, both in normal and emergency situations.
7. Small hotels, motels, boarding houses should be equipped in accordance with existing regulations and are equipped with fire protection and alarm systems, and fire fighting.
8. Small hotels, motels, boarding houses should be equipped with engineering systems and equipment, providing:
- Hot and cold water, a container with a minimum daily supply of water;